Open Camera: We live in an era when taking a pic is more important than enjoying the place. Unless you post your pic or video on your social media accounts, any visit or any event you participated in remains incomplete. It has become a mandatory thing to click selfies, groupies, etc. and post them on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Do you know there are more than 1 trillion pics clicked in a year? In fact, the photos clicked every few minutes today are more than those clicked in the entire 19th century. These days, you will find very few people carrying their cameras and most of the pictures are clicked using smartphones. Thus, it is natural that there are many camera applications around.
open camera app
It was not too long ago when there were no good camera applications and the smartphone cameras sucked. The pics you clicked on them were virtually bad – underexposed, overexposed or grainy. Things have now changed drastically. The phone cameras have gone good and besides that, you have camera apps that give you crazy good pics.
Why Do You Need a Good Camera App?
We need a camera that can make us look decent without turning us into some comic book character. There are many good camera app options available in the market today and OpenCamera is one such good alternative.
It is a free open source app for Android users that can be downloaded from the Play Store and it has the potential to be the raison d’etre of traditional photography.
open camera apk
In simple words, we can say that a good camera app has turned out to be a basic necessity today. Irrespective of whether your smartphone has a mediocre camera or an amazing one, there are a lot of apps that can help you click the best possible pictures, thus taking your mobile photography to the next level.
You might need some time to learn how to use such apps if you are a beginner, but soon you can easily learn the tactics and get remarkably better pictures.
Why Is Open Camera Good?
Open Camera is one of those apps that don’t concentrate on providing you with loads of filters and special effects to make your pics look great and different. Instead, what this app offers is a powerful camera that can be used to click beautiful pics in the first place.
Open Camera offers you all the photo options that a person normally looks for. These include zoom option, photo modes, timer, touch focus, ISO etc.
Why Is Open Camera Different?
At the first look, you might not realize that it is different as the features it provides are normally present there in default Android camera. But on a closer look, you will realize that it is indeed different.
The first major difference is that a default Google camera takes 20 megabytes of space while this takes a mere 600 kilobytes. It’s a miniature powerhouse because in its scant 600 kilobytes size it offers a huge array of possibilities.
You can not only click nice pictures but also use real-time effects or interesting post-processing filters. It also keeps you updated on how much free space is available on your smartphone or tablets at all times.
open camera latest version apk
Actually speaking, if you search for photography and retouching apps, they are available by dime a dozen.
But, if you try finding a truly straightforward camera option that doesn’t come along with complimentary ads, unnecessary features, and connections to some weird remote services, then Open Camera is the best choice.
With its limited but excellent features and other merits, it offers the best alternative to the default Android camera available in your device.
Some Features of Open Camera
Here are some of the best features of Open Camera, which make it a compelling app:
- There’s an option to auto-stabilize. So, all your pictures will be perfectly leveled without the need for you to worry about it.
- You have the HD video recording feature available and while the recording is on you can also click pictures.
- There are different functionality features like focus modes, scene modes, face detection and colour effects to click nice pictures.
- If you want, you can switch on the voice countdown in timer and there is also auto-repeat mode available with a configurable delay.
- You can click the picture remotely either by voice command “cheese” or by making some noise like a whistle.
- The volume keys can be configured.
- GUI can be optimized depending upon the fact that the user is left or right-handed.
- There is an option to zoom by using single-touch control and also by the multi-touch gesture. While clicking a picture or taking a video, you can lock the orientation to portrait or landscape as per your preference.
- You can disable the irritating shutter sound.
- It provides you with the choice of ‘save folder’.
- If you want, you can go for geotagging (GPS location tagging) of your photos and videos.
- You can apply specifics like location coordinates, date and timestamp and even custom text to your photos.
- There’s a widget to automatically click a photo after launching.
- For better quality of pictures, dynamic range optimization mode is available.
Why People Prefer Open Camera?
There are many Android apps that are available for free. Then, why do people prefer Open Camera? Being free doesn’t mean that they’re open source or are distributed freely.
Open Camera is an open-source app and by its very nature, it is more secure and customizable than those available of vaguer origins.
With Open Camera installed in your devices, you have with you a powerful and sober tool that is designed specifically for capturing images in the best possible way.
There are a number of attributes that you can configure in it while clicking the perfect picture like exposure level, white balance, layout modes, ISO number and colour effects. If you have that photographer urge inside you, then it satisfies that perfectly.
You can also control the resolution of the video or the photo you click according to the storage capacity of your device.
Besides providing the users with numerous features like clicking remotely using the sound command or adjusting the UI for left- or right-handed users, the latest update has made it more user-friendly.
As it is very small in size, you don’t have to worry about the memory space of your device.
Open Camera is one of the best alternatives in the photo app available today to click some cool pics.
It is completely free and can be downloaded from Google Play Store. If your device does not have access to Google Play or you wish to install some older version, then to you can download it from other sources.
But, in this case, you will have to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources in the settings of your device. With all the amazing features that it has to offer, Open Camera is undoubtedly your go-to app to get the perfect picture clicked.